Friday, March 5, 2010

PBMS daemon performance update.

I have updated the PBMS download to 0.5.12-beta.

When doing some performance testing I found a severe bug that effectively limited the upload of files to 1 file every 2 seconds regardless of file size. :( Now that I have fixed this it is possible to upload 1000+ BLOB per second depending on size.

I believe this bug has been in there for the last couple of versions. So if you had tried PBMS and thought it slow please try it again.

This version also includes a performance test tool called pbms_performance. I plan on posting some performance data soon.